Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Break Pictures - Finally!

Hi everyone, happy spring! Well, I finally brought the camera in to work, since I still don't have my laptop back. The pictures didn't turn out so well - maybe I had the flash on, maybe it was too bright, maybe I need a new digital camera, hint, hint. That can be next year's birthday present, right? Anyway, here are some snapshots from Zion National Park for you to enjoy. Again, the beginning of the trip is toward the end and the end of the trip is at the top. Maybe I'll wise up and figure out an easy way to post them sequentially next time. We had a blast on a budget. If you need any camping tips, just email me!

Middle Emerald Pool

A photo the Forest Ranger took for us above the Lower Emerald Pool.
I hiked all the way up here with Abby on my shoulders,
and got a lot of comments from passers-by.

Abby took this picture, see explanation below.

The narrows! A girl took this picture for us, and Abby is making a sad face, because she wanted to use the camera and take my picture in the narrows. She can be a pouter!

I think this was called the Weeping Wall, a short hike to the view here. The mountain is made of sandstone, which is porous and holds rain water, but then 'weeps' the water when it has collected too much to absorb.

Abby on a rock. She would climb onto a rock and say 'take my picture, mama'. I have at least 80 pictures of her on various rocks.

On our way up to the Weeping Wall.

On a little lunchtime hike. We found an unmarked tunnel under the road, super cool and fun, but also scary, because I didn't want to get lost with Abby out in the middle of nowhere.

Abby found a flower.

Collecting juniper berries (so we can make some gin back at the campsite, just kidding!)

Lil' Climber

The "Great Arch"

You know these characters, posing for a timed shot.

Our new tent kept us warm, but we did spend a couple nights in the back of the truck.

Abby making sandcastles at our first campsite, just outside the park. We spent three night in the park and two just outside. We got to swim in the Virgin River a few times, which was right by our campsites. It was a bit cold but no colder than the Snake. Overall the weather was great and we even got some sunburn, ouch!

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Shelly said...

Looks like an awesome trip! You both look great. Abby is lucky to have such special Mommy-Daughter memories. :)

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Misty said...

I'm soooo sorry it took me such a long time to see these pics, but they are great! I'm still very sad that I didn't get to be there with you in person, just in spirit, and by text :0). That great arch looks amazing. I really like the picture of the narrows and the lower emerald pool.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home