Random Photos and Thoughts
We're just hanging around at home, a normal evening for us. We just finished dinner a little bit ago. Rick picked up a movie from the Redbox, and Abby is either torturing the dogs or washing her toys in the sink. I'm sitting on the couch surfing for music and checking out the news. We were just jamming to Jai-Ho from Slumdog Millionaire. It really is an Oscar worthy song. You can check it out on grooveshark, one of my favorite sites. Anyway, I have a some pictures from the last few weeks.
Here's Max, lounging. Rick noticed him and I grabbed the camera. He's got his head on the railing of the stairs to the basement and his paws are hanging into the space below. He's super cute and still very healthy for a 9-year-old rottie. Abby put headphones on him tonight. I should have snapped a picture of that!
This is my pride and joy, my bacon log! It's a braided bacon layer that you wrap around ground sausage and in the absolute middle is cooked bacon bits. This is before it went in the oven and after it was slathered with bbq sauce. I've been experimenting with cooking a lot lately. I made these cornmeal muffins that Rachel Ray had on one of her shows. They were the best! And tonight we had baked mahi in this fabulous thai sauce over jasmine rice. It was a Naked Chef recipe. Mmm. No, he doesn't cook naked.
Here's Abby, all ready for school. She's got that Michael Jackson one glove deal going on for some reason. She's been doing well in preschool. This month they learned about space and the solar system and next month is animals in your backyard. There's even going to be a field trip to the Elk Refuge. She goes to school Tuesdays and Thursdays now, so she hasn't been able to go to gymnastics anymore because it conflicts with the new school schedule. Oh well.
2 Comments:
You actually made a bacon log?!? Did anyone have a heart attack?
Yes, I actually made the bacon log. No, it didn't give us a heart attack. You don't eat that much of it, just a slice. It's like any other breakfast. You end up eating 2 pieces of bacon and a round of sausage. We had salad and mashed potatoes on the side.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home