Thursday, November 01, 2007

Monkey Business

After months of telling everyone "I can't want to be a monkey!", Abby gave in for the candy. She actually threw on the suit and ran out the front door, gleefully. We ran into our neighbor, Piper, first. Then we walked to town square for trick or treating. We never made it to church, basically because we needed to go buy dog food and while we were at the grocery store, the little monkey conked out in a shopping cart. She, of course, revived herself after a cat nap at home and was up playing for the rest of the night. We had ONE trick or treater. So sad. Oh well, next year I'll have to decorate more.

Abby and Tinker Bell Piper

I like this picture because you can see Abby coveting Piper's candy (licking her lips)

Ready to hit the square

I hope bears don't like to eat monkeys

Fuzzy picture of Abby and mama

The monkey insisted on having her picture taken with the elk antlers

Such a ham!

The house this morning

One of two new stone patios

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I don't know why this thing is being so finicky but this is like thr 5th time I am trying to leave a comment. She was a really cute monkey. No trick or treaters That's crazy.
Well hey we only had like 20 so I guess we're in the same boat.
Karen took all thecandy with her to school today.
Jenn

 
At 5:16 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

What a cute little monkey!! I thought Isabel would be a little timid about walking up to strangers and saying Trick-or-treat, but she loved it! She was running to the next house as soon as we finished one. Kids are surprising. :) Glad you guys had a fun time!

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Nasreen and Rob said...

That one licking her chops is HILARIOUS. Monkeys really are the perfect costume for these little monkeys of ours. That was my next choice had I not found the Scooby outfit. Looks like Abby had a GREAT time! Last year, we had zero trick or treaters, so yep, we deocrated a lot more this year and had all the outside lights on to make it clear that we're worth ringing the doorbell. It was a success. I forgot how strategic I was as a trick or treater myself...making sure to get the most candy possible, as fast as possible. Every house was prejudged for worthiness. :) ~Nas

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger julie said...

Love the monkey suit! Abby has so much personality in her pics--I'm sure in person, it's even more so. The stone patios look very nice!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home