Abby's Bedroom
Here are a couple of pictures of Abby's room now that she has her "big girl bed". She has a toddler bed too, which we kept and just slid under her new bed. I changed the knobs on her dressers to match the silver bed frame and moved her tv around so we can sit on her bed and watch movies together, like it's a couch. A coworker gave me the new bookshelf. I just had to spend hours taking old decals off of it so that it matched Abby's room. The lime green shag rug is new too. It's awesome, because we have a soft play area now. We threw down all of our Little People last night and played for an hour or so. She still really likes playing with her dinosaurs, horses, purses, and this little stuffed dog. It's been hot in the house, so she's running around in shorts and a teeshirt or just a shirt and a diaper (like in the photos). We have some spiders hanging around the house, and I took a picture of one just in case the three spider bites I have turn into a deadly situation, like if they are bites from brown recluse spiders or hobos, but I think they are running crab spiders. I've killed at least 50 in the house. They like the living room, master bathroom, and the trucks. I've killed at least 20 in my office at work too. I guess they wanted to show up for a good Halloween scare. Speaking of, we'll be out tonight trick or treating on town square and then head to church for a family dinner and "fun night". Look for pictures of Abby the monkey.




2 Comments:
Abby's room is so cute and comfy looking! I really want to get Isabel into a "big girl" bed. How did Abby do with the transition?
Sorry to hear about the spiders! Yuck! I guess I'll stop complaining about our ladybug collection in all our corners. That's better than spiders at least! You seem pretty calm about it, I think I'd be freaking out. Good luck!
The spiders have definitely creeped me out, but only because I am worried about the venom.
Abby slept in a queen bed at grandma and grandpa's house, so we knew she wouldn't fall out of the twin. She doesn't move around much. But really I moved her over to the toddler bed when she started to climb out of the crib. The crib's just too high and scary. She still gets out of bed every once in awhile, but she's doing okay with the transition. It is so much easier to have a kid in a crib, but what can you do? They have to grow up sometime.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home